Procedures for extension of temporary residence status of foreigners in Vietnam
I. Cases in which temporary residence cards are extended
In case, foreigner who is temporarily residing in Vietnam and wish to have the temporary residence status extended following:
1. Being invited or guaranteed by an agency, organization or enterprise having the legal status as provided for by the law of Vietnam;
2. Being invited or guaranteed by Vietnamese citizens and foreigners who have permanent or temporary residence cards.
Agencies and organizations which invite and guarantee foreigners must conform to the functions, tasks and powers prescribed by law or issued licenses. Vietnamese citizens permanently residing in Vietnam, foreigners having permanent residence cards or temporary residence cards, who are invited or guaranteed foreigners to entry into Vietnam to visit and must have papers evidencing their relations with the invited or guaranteed persons.
II. Records for the procedure:
1. Application for visa and temporary residence extension;
2. Passport or laissez-passer of the foreigner;
3. Papers evidencing the relationship between the inviting party and the guarantor with the person who is invited or guaranteed;
4. 02 photos size 3cm x 4cm (bare head, straight face, no color glasses, white background, photos taken within 6 months).
III. Legal basis:
1. Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2014;
2. Circular No.04/2015/TT-BCA on 5th January, 2015 on regulations on speciman papers concerning foreigners entering, leaving and residing inVietnam;
3. Cicurlar No.31/2015/TT-BCA on 6th July, 2015 on guidelines for issuance of visas, temporary residence cards, entry/exit permits and granting permanent residence status for foreigners in Vietnam.
CALL US +84 90 278 5292
We are confident that we are fully capable of meeting all the consulting requirements of
our customersand prove that the customer's choice for us is the most suitable choice.